Multiple download files per product

General ShopSite user discussion

Multiple download files per product

Postby stagehand » Wed May 18, 2011 6:27 pm

We are in the process of setting up a site using V10 sp2 pro. I am having some trouble trying to figure out how we might do a couple of things with digital products.

1. Is there a way to attach multiple digital files to a single product?
2. Is there a way to have a option for the file type, for example lets say there was a PC and a Mac version of the same file. Can we set up that option for a single product?
3. If we had a media file, for example a video. Does the system support the ability to set that up to be streamed to the customer rather than downloaded?

Apologies for the list of questions, I just thought it best rather than making multiple posts. If anyone has any insight to share with me on these questions, or can direct me to the location in the documentation so that I might learn on my own, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
stagehand

Re: Multiple download files per product

Postby Jim » Wed May 18, 2011 8:59 pm

Only a single file can be assigned to a product. You could however assign a zip file that contained multiple files as the download file.
If you want a version for a PC and Mac you would need to have 2 separate products and assign the file type for that OS to the product, or have a zip file with both versions.
There is no option for streaming a file.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby stagehand » Wed May 18, 2011 10:05 pm

That's a little disappointing, but I do thank you very much for the reply.
stagehand

Postby JCGrafted » Thu May 14, 2020 4:18 pm

Zip folders are not a very good option because most phones and tablets do not know what to do with a zip folder. We regularly get complaints from costumers who say they cannot download the product. Because we do not know what kind of e-reader the customer is using we give them a .epub and a .mobi file for each ebook we sell. The only way we have found in ShopSite is to give them a zip folder.
JCGrafted

Return to User Forum