Customize merchant order notification email body

General ShopSite user discussion

Customize merchant order notification email body

Postby b2tech » Tue May 08, 2012 11:54 am

Hello,

Is there any way to customize the merchant order notification email body?

I haven't been able to find any information about template files or back-end admin options to customize the merchant order notification email body.

Thanks!
b2tech

Re: Customize merchant order notification email body

Postby Jim » Tue May 08, 2012 12:25 pm

No customization is available for the merchant email except the email address, subject or the email. Those can both be confgured on Commerce Setup > Order System > Email. I believe this screen was added for ShopSite 11. If you have an older version you can only change the email address where the order notification is sent on Preferences > Hosting Services.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby silken » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:06 pm

Hi Jim,
I know this question was asked a long time back, so I am hoping there has been some change to it in subsequent shopsite versions. I would like to remove this part at the bottom of the email we receive:

[b][i]Order Processing Info:

To retrieve payment information on this order, click on the 'Orders' button from within ShopSite.
ShopSite URL: https://store.-/cgi-store/bo/start.cgi

This SECURE store is powered by ShopSite web catalog software.[/i][/b]

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Debbie
silken

Postby loren_d_c » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:30 am

There is no way to remove those from the TEXT version of the merchant email receipt, but if you enable the merchant receipt in HTML format (see Commerce Setup -> Order System -> Email), then it is a different story because the look of this email is template-driven. The backoffice link and the 'this store powered by' line aren't even in the HTML version by default, and the 'Order Processing Info' line can be removed by removing the line similar to the following from the [-- DEFINE ThankYou_Email --] section of your shopping cart template (note that most ShopSite default templates actually include an Include file 'MerchantEmail.sst' in this DEFINE, so that is where this code is by default):

Code: Select all
<tr><td align="left">[-- Store.OrderInfo --]:<br>[-- SC_PAY_INFO --]</td></tr>

-Loren
loren_d_c

Postby silken » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:59 pm

Thanks, Loren. If I enable the html and remove it, then go back to the text version, will it be gone? Or are we talking two different things?
silken

Postby loren_d_c » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:25 pm

No, they are separate formats. There is no way to remove it from the text-based emails.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Return to User Forum