mobile shopping cart question

General ShopSite user discussion

mobile shopping cart question

Postby FredW » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:44 am

Hello ShopSite folks,

I enabled the mobile configuration for the site I am setting up that is not yet live.

In testing it on a DroidX, when I place items in the shopping cart, I only way I can find to remove an item is to change the quantity to zero (blank does not work) and press 'recalculate'. Is that the only way to remove an item from the cart?

Also, once I added a link to the top of the mobile configuration, the cart link disappears. If a mobile user adds an item to the cart, then goes back to another mobile page, there is no was to get back to the cart. Or now what that I can find. I also can not find a way to add the cart link to one of the four at the top.

Thanks in advance.
FredW
FredW

Re: mobile shopping cart question

Postby Jim » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:34 am

Since most mobile devices are limited in the amount of information that can be viewed on the screen at one time, the default template was made to be as conservative of space as possible. This requires that some elements such as the "Remove" button in the cart be eliminated and other items minimized such as using only one link at the top of the page.

Since the templates used for mobile devices are "custom" templates you can make a copy of the existing one and make the changes you want on your particular site. There are a few things that are not changeable by the merchant, for example the buttons in mobile templates will always use the text setting for a button instead of the image version that is specified in the backoffice of the store.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby FredW » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:45 am

Jim wrote:Since most mobile devices are limited in the amount of information that can be viewed on the screen at one time, the default template was made to be as conservative of space as possible. This requires that ...the "Remove" button .. be eliminated ...

Thanks Jim,

Yes mobile devices have limits and I understand why the templates are designed the way they are. You basically confirmed one has to enter a 0 and press recalculate to remove an item. We'll see how workable that is for our customers.

Regarding my question on how to add a link to one cart for one of the allowed four at the top, I figured it out. I took the buyanywhere url link and removed the image from it.

Thanks
Fred
FredW

Postby johnlee112 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:07 am

I added a mobile phone in an online shopping cart in a sale on 10% discount but when I go for payment option it shows actual price of that phone.
https://www.mightyape.co.nz/electronics/smartphones
Last edited by johnlee112 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnlee112

Postby ShopSite David » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:52 am

Have you tried adding the same product from a PC and from a mobile device? Are you saying that in the mobile case the sale is not reflected but in the PC case it is, or is not reflected in any case? A link to the product that is not working as expected would be useful.
-David H.
ShopSite, Inc.
http://www.shopsite.com
ShopSite David
Site Admin

Return to User Forum