indexing issues

General ShopSite user discussion

indexing issues

Postby FredW » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:26 am

We encountered two indexing issues with ShopSite Pro 11 sp2 r5.1, that we wanted to share with you.

1. Subproduct content does not appear to be indexed when update and publish a page with them in it. (we have the option to "index for search during update' checked.) In order to get the content of subproducts indexed, I had to use UTILITIES->PUBLISH->REGENERATE.

2. If we enter compressed html (no blanks between html tags) in product content fields, the content is not indexed by ShopSite. I created two examples:

Example 1: The html code below does not contain any blanks between the tags and the content: "fwbadindex' is not indexed by ShopSite.
<table><thead><tr><th>manufacturer</th><th colspan="9">part number(s)</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td rowspan="4">Honeywell</td><td><br/>fwbadindex</td></tr></tbody></table>

Example 2:
If we insert a blank after the "Honeywell</td>" and before the next "<td>" ShopSite indexes the term "fwbadindex" properly. (look carefully at the code below)

<table><thead><tr><th>manufacturer</th><th colspan="9">part number(s)</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td rowspan="4">Honeywell</td> <td><br/>fwbadindex</td></tr></tbody></table>

I'll add a footnote that if one clicks on "EDITOR" to use the ShopSite editor for the content field in question, when you go back to look at the SOURCE, ShopSite formats the html nicely and, hence, avoids ever trying to index 'compressed' html.

I can provide pointers to samples if you wish to see it.

I just wanted to pass these anomalies along for your developers to consider and for your customers who may be experiencing indexing issues.

Thanks,
FredW
FredW

Return to User Forum