Bulk Customer Upload

This is an archive of old posting to the User Forum

Bulk Customer Upload

Postby sholt » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:59 am

I am considering moving to shopsite from our current custom built system that we have outgrown. We currently have several thousand users in our database can these be uploaded to shopsites DB so they do not all have to re-register?
sholt

Postby loren_d_c » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:50 pm

No.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Postby sholt » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:13 am

I would love to hear some feedback from the shopsite personel as to the reasoning behind this. The only purpose I can see for locking down my customer data is to make it difficult to move from shopsite in the future if I decide it does not meet my needs, from a customer perspective this seems to be a poor choice. Please convince me otherwise as this seems to be the only major stumbling block preventing me from moving forward with shopsite
sholt

Postby ShopSite David » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:05 am

There is a feature to download/export from the ShopSite Customer Registration database. You can download the customer name and e-mail address. This feature was intended for exporting your registered users so you could e-mail them a promotion or newsletter.

In Manager and Pro versions of ShopSite you can download all product, page, and order information so there has been no intentional design to "make it difficult to move from shopsite."

It looks like we have just never added an import feature for Customer Registration. Probably importing the previous password is part of the complication. I'll add this to our enhancements list. Obviously we would not intentionally want to make it hard to migrate into ShopSite!
-David H.
ShopSite, Inc.
http://www.shopsite.com
ShopSite David
Site Admin

Advance Features Needed in Customer Regr

Postby dstamps@aaius.com » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:03 am

I would like a way for the customer to log into their account and get shipping updates, tracking numbers, and the like online like the big boys do it.
Sincerely,

David Stamps
Audio Acoustics, Inc.
www.proaudiosuperstore.com
dstamps@aaius.com

Return to User Forum Archive