IpwerWeb, ShopSite v10 and full SSL

This is an archive of old posting to the User Forum

IpwerWeb, ShopSite v10 and full SSL

Postby circlekstrings » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:53 am

ON June 11th - we decided to take our shopsite 10 site to full SSL -

we contacted Ipwerweb and purchased the certificate, they installed it, and we have now been down for 5 days.

Their support organization has all but abandon us and is of no help - in fact it took an email to the shop site rep 5 days into my outage for the Ipower Web supprt folks to even update the ticket.

if you would like more information about my case please feel free to private message me - I will be glad to share the horror story that is ipower web technical support

Christopher
circlekstrings

Postby lordofdirt » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:22 pm

hmmm...I've had some trouble with hosts in the past. We moved over to Lexiconn and they have been wonderful. They know everything about shopsite, and even offer some cool add-ons. Plus their customer service has been A+.
lordofdirt

PAIR

Postby knucklehead » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:57 am

PAIR has been awesome for us since 2007.
http://www.pair.com/
Nothing is ever simple.
knucklehead

Pair is great host

Postby MgmtSpec » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:26 pm

I have a couple dozen shopsite store hosted on pair - been using them since v4 - 10 years? Very reliable and knowledgeable.
MgmtSpec

iPower Support (or lack of)

Postby TedRevis » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:56 am

Christopher,
I sure wish that I had found your posting last week. I just went through the exact same problem with iPower. Actually, I am still IN the problem. I purchased Shopsite Version 10, developed the site in Version 10. Well into the project, one of iPower's level 3 support people talked me into purchasing a dedicated SSL. Once the SSL was installed, the version of Shopsite dropped back to 8.3 negating much of our work.
Dealing with iPower's technical support people has been maddening. The people that answer the phone are not able to do hardly anything. They up you to Level 2, but they cannot do much more then off to Level 3 and the are too busy dealing with real problems to address the situation.
iPower says that Shopsite Version 10 CANNOT run with a dedicated SSL. Can anyone tell me if this is true or iPower is just being cheap and have not purchased something that they should have?
Regards,
Ted
TedRevis

SSL and SS 10

Postby MgmtSpec » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:13 pm

Hi,

I have no problem with domain SSL (not shared) on any of my sites running v10 - and I have quite a few that are doing so. Maybe it is a problem on THEIR servers the way they set up their hosting. pair.com can handle no problem. In fact I make my clients use SSL to log into the back office (not just orders - any back office) for security reasons. A domain SSL is shorter access URL and makes sense to the client vs a long shared SSL url.
MgmtSpec

Return to User Forum Archive