A few edits to the shopping cart

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

A few edits to the shopping cart

Postby leo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:07 pm

Hi guys,

I'd like to remove the 'data to collect' verbiage from the shopping cart, and expand the product's description.

In other words, I'd like to go from this :

To that :

I looked everywhere in the back office and can't seem to find anything that would allow me to do it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Leo
leo

Re: A few edits to the shopping cart

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:30 pm

There isn't a setting to expand that text area (I don't think), but you could make that area taller with CSS if you want all your products with text areas like that taller.
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Postby Jim » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:20 pm

It looks like you are using the Product - Customer Text entry fields found on the Product > Edit Product Info screen.
Customer Text Entry: Check here to create a Customer Text Entry box for this product in the shopping cart.
Customer Text Entry Header:
Customer Text Entry Box: Columns: Rows:

The text "data to collect" would be what you have in the Customer Text Entry Header: field. Delete it.
The Column and Rows values will change the size of the text box.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby leo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:21 am

Jim,

It seems like I can only edit products one by one. Isn't there a way to make the changes for all the products at once?
leo

Postby Jim » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:03 am

What product level of ShopSite do you have? Pro, Manager or Starter?

In Pro and Manager there is the Power Edit feature which allows you to select multiple products and edit just selected fields in the products. Pro has the Global Power Edit feature where you can edit the selected fields for all selected products in a single step. (NOTE: be careful what fields you select because i will change all products to have the same value in that field. It wouldn't be good to have all product have the same Name for example.)

It is also possible to modify the fields through a database upload of the product.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:06 am

In ShopSite Manager and ShopSite Pro there is a PowerEdit Feature. If you have ShopSite Pro, you can use the Global PowerEdit feature by highlighting all the products you want to change (if the field value you are changing you want to be the exact same for all products), then click on "PowerEdit." If you want to change the customer text entry box values, you would select the option (from the information side...right left side) called "Customer Text Entry Columns" then select Global at the bottom and then "Proceed." You can change that value once, and it will change it for all the products you had selected. If you have ShopSite Manager, you can do the same steps (minus selecting Global because it isn't an option).
- ShopSite Lauren
ShopSite Lauren

Postby leo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:55 am

I used the power edit feature to :
- Check 'Customer Text Entry' option
- Leave 'Customer Entry Header' blank
- Change 'Customer Text Entry Columns' to 15

Nothing has changed : 'data to collect' is still there, and the box isn't bigger.
leo

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:02 am

Did you re-add the product to the cart with the new changes (it won't change the product you currently have in the cart)? Whats the URL to the page you are testing?
- ShopSite Lauren
ShopSite Lauren

Postby Jim » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:05 am

In addition to what Lauren said, you need to change the number of ROWS not Columns. Columns is how wide the box is and Rows is how tall it is.
Jim
Site Admin

Return to Custom Template Questions