ElementProduct image pop up

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

ElementProduct image pop up

Postby alanrichardtex » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:19 am

Can someone please tell me how to make it so when someone clicks on an image of a product on the more info page it will open a new window with the image in full size? I had this working on my old theme, but when we updated the site onto the dark uniform theme, it stopped working.
Thanks
alanrichardtex

Re: ElementProduct image pop up

Postby cyoung » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:33 am

A popup was the older way of displaying larger images, all newer themes use the zoom feature as the primary way to view the images larger. Some newer themes use the zoom feature and the lightbox feature which works similar to a popup window, but is a 'popup' within the same browser.

You may want to use a newer theme. The Dark Uniform theme is a few years old. There is a newer theme, Scalume, that has a very similar style to the dark uniform theme. I believe that the carousel in that theme doesn't stretch the carousel images to be full width of the area provided, and the more information page uses both a zoom feature and a lightbox feature so customers can use whichever image-enlarging option they prefer.
cyoung

Postby alanrichardtex » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:53 pm

I just tried looking for that theme in shopsite and i don't see it
alanrichardtex

Postby cyoung » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:37 pm

I think that one was released in version 15, which isn't available everywhere yet.
cyoung

Return to Custom Template Questions