Want to temporarily remove shopping cart/PayPal option

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Want to temporarily remove shopping cart/PayPal option

Postby kmsheeha » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:14 am

I am using Shopsite Manager 11.2 and have finished creating a website that is linked to the created shopsite online store. Now my artist friend/client wants to temporarily remove all of the "Add To Cart" buttons for the 220 products since she needs more time to figure all the shipping/handling and total costs, etc. (She would like to display her work in the meantime, offering check or money order payments and using her Contact Us page for customer orders.) I was told by the shopsite tech support person that, since I am using Manager, I need to change the tag via html editing. Unfortunately, I have no experience with html. With tech assistance, I have already created a new custom template and now have to delete the current template coding (Dynamic-Product.sst) within the html. I need help in knowing how to look for the existing tags so that all of the Add To Cart buttons will be removed and so I can insert the new template without the buttons.
kmsheeha
kmsheeha

Re: Want to temporarily remove shopping cart/PayPal option

Postby Jim » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:07 am

If you created the template just make a copy of that template so you have a backup and the edit the template. Find the places where you have the code for the add to cart buttons and comment that out by putting a # as the first character of the lines dealing with the add to cart button. Depending on how you coded the add to cart buttons it could be as simple as the template tag [-- PRODUCT.OrderCheckout --] or it could be a block of code. But each line dealing with the add to cart needs to have the # added as the very first character on the line. When finished editing publish the store.

When you are ready to make the site live just replace the edited version of the template with the backup copy and publish the store.

Another option would be to create a new simple product template with just the information that you want displayed. Then you could use the Power edit feature to replace the product template for each product to use the simple template. Then publish the store. To revert back to the full template just Power Edit again and change the template back to the original one and publish the store.
Jim
Site Admin

Return to Custom Template Questions