How do I show the orders as newest to oldest?

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

How do I show the orders as newest to oldest?

Postby thehatco » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:11 am

How do I show the orders as newest to oldest? I have tried changing the orders in the Configuration section to ascending order but it doesn't make any difference. What am I missing? I want the new orders to show first, not at the bottom.
thehatco

Re: How do I show the orders as newest to oldest?

Postby Jim » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:39 pm

I assume you are using ShopSite 12 since there isn't a way to do it in earlier versions.

You need to check the box Remember search, Set the order selection to Order Number Descending (to get the largest order number first) and then click the Search button. If you don't check the box to Remember search the next time you go to the screen it would revert back to the normal order with lowest order number first.
Jim
Site Admin

Re: How do I show the orders as newest to oldest?

Postby Jim » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:30 pm

My co-worker just pointed out that maybe you are meaning the Orders > Configure Orders > Product Sort Order > Ascending Order or Descending order. Is that is what you were talking about ? That only affect the order that the products display on the View order and View Packing slip screen.

He also mentioned that your store is running ShopSite 11 and that you are hosted at Lexiconn. You might talk to them about upgrading your store to version 12 if you want the actual order list sorted.
Jim
Site Admin

Return to Custom Template Questions