Formatting Cross Sell Products

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Formatting Cross Sell Products

Postby dresdena1 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:11 am

I would like to know what the best way is to format the Cross Sell products?
I have added three cross sell products to: http://www.affordable-megafood.com/20021.html
I would like to alter the formatting. Preferably to the default product template, but with smaller images. Is this possible?
Additionally, I would like to space out the cells a little more (define a <td> width).
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
dresdena1

Re: Formatting Cross Sell Products

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:33 pm

It looks like your store is using a custom template, so the look/layout of the cross sell products is defined in the product template. That said, I MIGHT be able to help you without going into your custom templates. Before making any changes, I would suggest downloading a backup of your templates by going to Utilities > Export > and export your custom templates and save to your desktop.

First, go to Merchandising > Custom Templates > Page/Product Templates, > highlight the AMFProduct template > Edit Template.

There should be at least 3 (most likely 4) sections that start with [-- DEFINE some-element --] and end with [-- END_DEFINE some-element --]. Copy all the code within the [-- DEFINE PRODUCT --] section and paste it in place of all the code within the [-- DEFINE Cross_Sell_Product --] section.

The next part is to find the section called [-- DEFINE MORE_INFO_PAGE --]. Within that section find the table, <table class="pcs_table">, it should be near the end of the [-- DEFINE MORE_INFO_PAGE --] section. In that table add width="100%", so the finished code should be <table class="pcs_table" width="100%">. Then find the <td class="gcs_table_content"> and add in width="33%", so the finished code should be <td class="gcs_table_content" width="33%">.

Once the templates have been changed, you can publish your entire store with the changes by going to Utilities > Publish > Regenerate. If you want to test this one just a few products first, you can go to Products > highlight one product > Edit Product Info > Save Changes (without making any changes) > Publish.

Hope this helps.
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Re: Formatting Cross Sell Products

Postby dresdena1 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:59 pm

Lauren,
Thank you! Perfect!
dresdena1
dresdena1

Return to Custom Template Questions