"More Info" Link goes to a Non-existant URL

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

"More Info" Link goes to a Non-existant URL

Postby FritzF » Thu May 29, 2014 1:19 pm

http://lmgshoesandstufforg.fatcow.com/store/
I only have put up a few items as tests for the customized layout. One of them, "item 1," I set to have a more info page. However, the link goes to a "product15.html" (presumably because it's the 15th item in the store, currently) however no such url has ever existed and I get a 404 error as a result. I have a product template with the DEFINE inside for the more info page, and the template is linked to the product. What could be causing this problem?
FritzF

Re: "More Info" Link goes to a Non-existant URL

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Thu May 29, 2014 1:42 pm

Are you using a custom product template for the "item 1" product? If so, do you have the IF statement around the more information page link to check if the product has the checkbox checked to create a more information page [-- IF PRODUCT.DisplayMoreInformationPage --][-- END_IF --].

If your product template is setup correctly with the IF statement checking if a product has a more information page checked, then I would suggest republishing your entire site (Utilities > Publish). On the publish screen, make sure you don't get any errors (in red), specifically permissions errors.
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Postby FritzF » Thu May 29, 2014 3:20 pm

When I regenerate, I get a "Template Error opening More Information file" referring to the product15 file.
FritzF

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Thu May 29, 2014 3:36 pm

Can you copy and paste your custom template in this thread so I can see your template?
- ShopSite Lauren
ShopSite Lauren

Postby FritzF » Thu May 29, 2014 3:41 pm

To be quite honest, the template in question really hasn't been edited at all. It started as a direct copy of another template, and I was waiting to see what the result would be like before editing. I even assigned a different item with a different (non-copied) premade template, but the results are the same.
FritzF

Postby Jim » Thu May 29, 2014 4:00 pm

What do you have configured for the product's moreinformation Filename? does it include a path in front of the file name? ShopSite cannot create any directories for files so if you need/want the file to be in a subdirectory of your store you need to manually create that directory on the server and see that it has the same user and permissions as the files that ShopSite creates.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby FritzF » Thu May 29, 2014 4:39 pm

I left the filename blank (for both items).
FritzF

Postby Jim » Thu May 29, 2014 9:54 pm

Looking at the html source of your index.html page, it looks like you have the option to add comments for each include file that is encountered during the publish enabled. Try going to Utilities > Publish > and see it the checkbox "Insert an html comment before each include file " is checked. If it is, uncheck it and click the Regenerate tab. Then check and see if the pages get created.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby FritzF » Fri May 30, 2014 8:26 am

I unchecked, but the pages are still not created.
FritzF

Postby Jim » Fri May 30, 2014 8:50 am

I now see a page at product15.html and product14.html . Each is using a different product template demo and demo2. My guess is that you have just added the [-- DEFINE MORE_INFO_PAGE --] section to those templates which would explain why no Moreinfo page were being generated.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Fri May 30, 2014 9:12 am

The issue was caused by permissions issues on the server, ShopSite didn't have permission to publish any more pages. Once the permissions were changed on the server, the pages were able to be published.
- ShopSite Lauren
ShopSite Lauren

Postby Beanbaggeron20 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:05 am

why when I typ 1/64th size diecast on hauler page say it error or nothing found? I collect them not 1/24th, I know they sell them Ive got them in past. :x
Beanbaggeron20

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:22 am

beanbaggeron20, are you typing that into the search results field on your store pages? If so, do you have the settings setup to index numbers? You can check this under Preferences > Search Settings > Search Indexing. Also make sure that product is assigned to at least one store page, and that store page allows ShopSite's search to index products found on that page (Pages > Edit Page Content).
- ShopSite Lauren
ShopSite Lauren

Return to Custom Template Questions