Building a new template for our ws - Bootstrap, h5bp, DrmWvr

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Building a new template for our ws - Bootstrap, h5bp, DrmWvr

Postby pcookgeol » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:50 am

I am in the thick of a redesign, again(I have a DW template ready, but would rather recode to h5bp, bs or foundation)... I am wondering how well SS plays with BS, Foundation, h5bp, Initializr, DW CS6/CC 12+ responsive templates... Simply put: does SS have any code restrictions and/or config requirements relative to the previously mentioned environments?

Thanks in advance,
-pc
-pc
pcookgeol

Re: Building a new template for our ws - Bootstrap, h5bp, Dr

Postby Jim » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:37 am

With ShopSite you can use Order Anywhere buttons to put add to cart link on any page. So this method could be used with any web creation tool. This works well if you don't have a lot of pages or products or if you don't make frequent changes to your pages as that requires frequent editing of your html pages.

ShopSite can also be used to generate all of your store's html pages. To do this you can take an html page or template that you create in any website editing tool and add ShopSite template tags to it to make it a ShopSite template. Once you have the template created using ShopSite's template tags ShopSite will generate your store's html pages based on the template. It will pull information about your pages and products entered in the ShopSite database and replace the template tags with that information to make complete html pages.
You can find information about creating ShopSite templates at http://www.shopsite.com/templates/cookbook/

ShopSite also has a WordPress plugin to allow you to add products from your ShopSite store to your Wordpress site.
Jim
Site Admin

Re: Building a new template for our ws - Bootstrap, h5bp, Dr

Postby Kapitol » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:20 pm

I have used all of the examples you have mentioned and there are no issues with SS 10, SS 11, or SS 12 in those environments.
Kapitol

Return to Custom Template Questions