Want to add a border to products

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Re: Want to add a border to products

Postby gracefuli » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:14 pm

Hi very sorry for the confusing post... don't know how to do a layout as u requested. But here is a page that i have been working on - dont know if it will open for you. http://216.92.220.67/pinchgraspmanip.htm#2165 Please look at "Sneaky Squrrieill" game (others are not yet linked to pics and using correct template yet...)

1. i did heed your warning and went back and changed to the 3 column theme for both page and product templates. So that i am not mixing themes.

2. have modified template to now have a border that frames each product making a "box".

3. images display on the left side within this "box", and are centered vertically (top, center, bottom) on this side. text begins at the top of the "box" just to the right of the image. Nothing wraps around the image-(and that's great) so it is like there is an invisible line, with pic on one side and text on other)

4.Product description comes next. then it skips a line before quanity. i added a break so "add to cart button" is directly below quanity and both are right flushed.

5. my wish list:
a. to continue to have images on the left, but vertically at the top of the box, instead of vertically centered. (But also want to keep text as is.)
b. would like qty to move up in the box. So it is on the line immediately under product description (still r aligned)
c. is there a way to resize all the current images at once. Many, many are too big. i have been hesitant to "reset all" for fear that the currently correct sized ones will lose the code and become huge!

Thank you for your time and patience! grace
gracefuli

Postby gracefuli » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:20 pm

Forgot a wish list thing:
sub-products: they currently display with a check box (which is fine), but they are listed on one continuous line. i would like them to be like a list, aligned under each other.

g-
gracefuli

Postby Jim » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:09 pm

Have you been able to get this closer to what you want? My wife has been in the hospital so I haven't had time to look into it.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby gracefuli » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:13 am

Hi Jim- So sorry to hear about your wife! I hope she is better, my template issues are the "small things" in life.

I also have not had time to work on the site. Looking back at my last note, I guess my priority would be:
1. Re-sizing all the pictures without messing up the good ones
2. To have the sub-products display as a list under each other rather In one confusing line.

Thanks- grace
gracefuli

Previous

Return to Custom Template Questions