Mobile Templates for Shopping Cart & Checkout

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Mobile Templates for Shopping Cart & Checkout

Postby jdjackson7 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:30 pm

We use the Order Anywhere capability to use with our own pages and only use SS for the Shopping Cart and Checkout functions. We are now converting our whole site to mobile. The only mobile template in SS v12 is very limiting and does not layout well on the phones.

Are there any other mobile templates available from SS?
Are there any other external sources for mobile templates?

Thanks so much in advance for your help
jdjackson7

Re: Mobile Templates for Shopping Cart & Checkout

Postby Jim » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:02 am

What version of ShopSite is your store running? If it is ShopSite 12 I recommend that you use a Responsive design template instead of the Mobile template. You can see a list of the responsive design templates at http://www.shopsite.com/templates/cookbook/builtintemplates.shtml.

The advantage of the responsive design is that it will automatically resize to fit what ever device is loading the website. Using the mobile template won't adjust nearly as well to the wide variety of devices sizes as a responsive designed template.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby jdjackson7 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:26 am

Thank you for your response. When I go to ShopSite > Preferences > Mobile Configure and then Mobile Shopping Cart the only templates that appear are Cart1, sleek-cart and mb_Mobiledefaultcart.sst.

How can I use the responsive templates your are referring to. Keep in mind that I only need them for the ShoppingCart, Checkout, Registration and perhaps the Gift Certificates.
Thanks
jdjackson7

Postby Jim » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 pm

Go to Preferences > Themes and select one of the themes with the Responsive banner across the corner of the image.
Note when you use a Responsive theme you should make sure that the Mobile option (Preferences > Mobile ) is turned Off . Having it on will case the responsive themes to not work correctly.

Since you are using the Order Anywhere feature changing the theme will not affect your existing html pages. Changing the theme can change what button is used for the Add to cart buttons generated by Order Anywhere but you can change them back by going to Preferences > Store Text > Store pages and change the Add and View cart buttons there. New products you create order Anywhere buttons for should then use the buttons you configured.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby jdjackson7 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:21 pm

I have done as you instructed. Tried all of the "Responsive" themes. None of them lay out correctly. Only parts of them are actually responsive. Many of them have overlapping columns. I wish I could have one that looked as clean as the Congruent theme we are using.

Are there any other external sources for custom responsive themes?
jdjackson7

Postby Jim » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:26 pm

There may be template designers who have created other responsive templates for ShopSite but I don't know of any. If you have a Pro or Manager level store you can modify the templates to suit your needs. A tutorial can be found on our main website http://www.shopsite.com/templates/cookbook/
Jim
Site Admin

Postby Kapitol » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:58 pm

I converted my client's checkout to mobile. She is even on SS10 which doesn't support SS12's mobile templates. If you need some help with the conversion process, email me at nachapman@gmail.com

Client's website
http://www.artandsoulbeads.com/store/home.html
I use Bootstrap v3.3.0
Kapitol

Postby jdjackson7 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:08 pm

Thanks for your reply. We are getting really at the mobile responsive stuff now so we are going to take a crack at it ourselves. If we get bogged down, I'll contact you.
jdjackson7

Return to Custom Template Questions