Where is this setting?

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Where is this setting?

Postby koryb1 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:19 am

On all of our store pages, there is a horizontal section of white space that I would like to trim down.

If you visit http://www.dancesupplies.com/index.html, the area I'm referring to is below the main images (Pointe Shoe Club, Clearance Items) and Social Media links, and above the next content (Newletter Signup and Free Shipping Offer). On all pages the same section of white space appears above the Newletter Signup.

I would simply like to make this white space shorter but don't know where the setting is I assume it's a css file.

Thanks in advance!
koryb1

Re: Where is this setting?

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:20 am

It is likely the code below:

<div id="social" class="full">
<table id="social_tbl" class="clear">
<tr>
<td id="networks">

</tr>
</table>
</div>

This code is coming from the include file called Flex-Build-SocialMedia.sst. Since you have moved the newsletter code that is normally in this include to your footer, and you have added the social media links that are in this include to the left navigation, you should be able to just empty this include file. You should be able to delete everything in it and replace it with just a pound sign (include files can't be empty, but the file will be ignored if the only thing in it is a pound sign.
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Postby koryb1 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:50 am

Hi Lauren! Thanks for the reply.

I made the edits you suggest. It did have an effect, but it reduced the height of the white space by only about 5-10%. Any other ideas?

Much appreciated!

Kory
koryb1

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:20 am

It looks like there is another section that you are not using (see below), which could be removed. This section is likely in the Flex-Build-Footer.sst include file.

<table id="footer_tbl" class="clear">
<tr><td>
</td></tr>
</table>
- ShopSite Lauren
ShopSite Lauren

Postby koryb1 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:30 am

Yes I see that section of code when I view the Page Source.

Unfortunately I don't appear to be using a Flex-Build-Footer.sst file. It does not appear in the list at ShopSite > Merchandising Tools > Custom Templates > Includes. Any idea where else it might be?

Thank you.
koryb1

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:56 am

It is built into ShopSite, so maybe you haven't copied and modified that file, but it should be in your store if you go to Merchandising > Custom Templates > Includes > Copy ShopSite Include. Make a copy, then re-copy your copy and name it the exact same as the original so that your modified copy will override the original.
- ShopSite Lauren
ShopSite Lauren

Postby koryb1 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:08 pm

Success! I duplicated and edited the Include just as you suggest. The unneeded white space is now gone. It was a little thing but a detail I wanted to fix; thanks so much for steering me to the solution!

Much appreciated. Have a great afternoon!
koryb1

Return to Custom Template Questions