Upload of artwork for custom jobs

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Upload of artwork for custom jobs

Postby lneibauer » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:26 am

I am fairly new to Shopsite and we have a website where we offer some custom products where we would like to have the ability that the customer could upload their logo or art files to our site when they purchase the product. Has anyone done this and is it possible to do this through Shopsite? If anyone has done this would I be out of line to ask to see an example of the custom code? I could use some help with this process.
lneibauer

Re: Upload of artwork for custom jobs

Postby Jim » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:07 am

There is nothing built into ShopSite to allow for uploading of images associated with an order. I think most merchants ask that the files be emailed to the merchant's email address.

There are risks in allowing someone to upload data to your server. You may end up with someone uploading huge files and using up your bandwidth and disk space. They could also upload malware that when accessed could cause problems on the server.
It would be possible to write an application (outside of ShopSite) that would allow files to be uploaded but it should have security checks built in to prevent possible misuse of the system.
Jim
Site Admin

Re: Upload of artwork for custom jobs

Postby lneibauer » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:50 am

Thank you for the quick response. We have an FTP server and that was our backup plan.
lneibauer

Return to Custom Template Questions