pro back to manager

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

pro back to manager

Postby queenofangels » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:05 am

two questions: When a shopsite release is made does include starter, manager and pro?, or do they each have different releases? Next would I be able to move my pages, products and images from pro back to manager?? :?
queenofangels

Re: pro back to manager

Postby Jim » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:48 pm

Releases are affective for all 3 product levels, Pro, Manager and Starter. Releases generally include bug fixes, feature enhancements and new features. Not all features are added to all product levels, Pro gets all new features, Manager gets some but all new features and Starter gets just a few new features.

To move a store from one product level to a different product level requires a new authorization file. You would generally get that from the company you are leasing ShopSite from (or who you purchased it from if you purchased it instead of lease it). It is possible to convert your Pro level store to a Manager level store, however you will lose a lot of features. You should check out the different features in Pro vs Manager at http://www.shopsite.com/scchecklist.html to see if features you are currently using will still be available if you convert the store to Manager level.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby queenofangels » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:40 pm

There seems to be features missing from manager that are not noted on that site. I was reading another comparison and it mentioned that I would lose things like searching for a product in the product list, same thing for pages and orders. The lack of automatic additional page generation is not a problem, nor would custom page extensions. Are these other items I read that I mentioned above true and are there still more that I have not uncovered?? :(
queenofangels

Postby loren_d_c » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:47 am

The official Feature Comparison list is here:

http://www.shopsite.com/scchecklist.html

The backoffice page, product, and orders searches are listed under the Catalog & Business Management tab.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Return to Custom Template Questions