Footer for the BB- Trace Template

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Footer for the BB- Trace Template

Postby psldesigns » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:10 am

I’m converting a site to use one of the new BB- responsive design templates (Trace). In the image of it when I picked it here http://www.shopsite.com/templates/cookbook/builtintemplates-bb-trace.html it shows the footer has links on the left, then social media and newsletter signup … appears to be columns. I’m currently using just the default templates (have however created copies so that I can edit and see the code). I’m just getting the footer nav links going straight across instead of a column with a header. Is the view I see in the picture an edited one and now how the default is really set up? The development space I'm using is this: http://jandemo.janicesinvites.com/index.html . And, I would like it to look the same on the home page, internal pages and product pages. Thanks for any help you can provide!
psldesigns

Re: Footer for the BB- Trace Template

Postby loren_d_c » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:56 am

In the Navigation menu, select one of your existing Footer Page Links, then click Add and make a new link. This will be a sub of the one you selected before clicking add, and will display underneath it in a column format. So you may want to make your 1st level navigation items just headers for your columns instead of links (choose the 'No URL (a title maybe)' option when adding or editing the link) and then have all the sub-items be the links in that column.

Note that the Left, Footer, and Right Page Links are limited to two levels like this, but the 'Menu', which is generally used horizontally across the top, can have more sub-levels, allowing for more specific category/subcategory/subsubcategory/etc drill-down in fly-out menus.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Re: Footer for the BB- Trace Template

Postby psldesigns » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:37 pm

Thank you so much! Just what I needed. :O)
psldesigns

Return to Custom Template Questions