view cart button?

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

view cart button?

Postby gracefuli » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:19 am

1. using the familiar theme. Doesn't seem to allow for a view cart button on the products page? can this be added. there appears to be room. here is sample product page; http://216.92.220.67/product475.html
(did select the display default view cart button - even tried selecting a button we had already in the media file. None showed. So thinking it's not in the template. using bb-productwithmenus.sst)

2. having trouble with seeing the "view cart" in the top navigation line. Whatever i set the page width too it never seems to appear (on any device.. desktop, phone, etc) Have it set to 1000px. and have put nothing in the top nav/menu bar. So i thought if "view cart" button was under each product, they won't miss it. Can the sign in and register buttons that are in the top bar be shortened?

thanks
gracefuli

Re: view cart button?

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:32 am

I would suggest enabling the mini cart, which will add a "view cart" link to your navigation menu (Commerce > Order System > Layout Info, check the checkbox to enable the mini cart). No, the familiar theme does not display a "view cart" button next to the add to cart button.

To shorten the links in the top navigation menu, go to Preferences > Store Text > Registration:
- change the "Click Here to Sign In" text to just "Sign In".
- change the "Click here to register or continue to checkout as a guest" to just "Register"
(both settings above are defaults in new installs, but when a store is upgraded, the settings that the merchant has already stay, instead of being updated to what new installs have).
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Re: view cart button?

Postby gracefuli » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:52 pm

perfect thank you!
gracefuli

Return to Custom Template Questions