Where are store tags hiding?

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Where are store tags hiding?

Postby dortchjm » Thu May 07, 2015 9:29 am

I'm working with the BB templates. I can't find the following tags in the backoffice:

[-- STORE.QuantityPricingFlag --]
[-- STORE.QuantityPricingMsg --]
[-- STORE.VariblePricingFlag --]
[-- STORE.VariblePricingMsg --]

Are the flags a graphic?

Also,
[-- STORE.By --]

Thanks!
dortchjm

Re: Where are store tags hiding?

Postby Jim » Thu May 07, 2015 10:14 am

[-- STORE.QuantityPricingFlag --]
[-- STORE.QuantityPricingMsg --]
[-- STORE.VariblePricingFlag --]
[-- STORE.VariblePricingMsg --]
are all configured on Preferences > Search Settings > Search Layout

[-- STORE.By --]
is configured on Merchandising > Wishlist.

I determined that by looking at where they were used in the template and saw that the first 4 were always on search results pages and the "By" was always in the Wishlist section. So I looked at the configuration screen for search and wishlist to see if the text fields were there.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby dortchjm » Thu May 07, 2015 11:33 am

I found the first four in the Product template in the BB-ProductDefine.sst Include template. I haven't even got to the Search templates yet, but I did find the fields in the Search configure file. I would never think of looking there.

The "By" was found in the Product template in the BB-ProductPageContent-WithMenus.sst Include template. In front of "Brand". I would like to change this content.

Ideally I would like to enter all data in the proper fields and do only minor changes to the templates if needed, but I may give up searching and just change the templates to do what I want them to do as I've done in the past.

Are there any live or demo store samples using the Quantity Price Flag so I can see what it is supposed to do?
dortchjm

Postby Jim » Thu May 07, 2015 1:40 pm

The [-- STORE.QuantityPricingFlag --] and [-- STORE.VariblePricingFlag --] are used to indicate a comment (like a footnote) for the product in the search results . So it have the * character as a superscript character and then the Store.quantitypricingmsg text like this.

*Quantity Pricing Available. Follow link for details.
or
**Variable Price Available. Follow link for details.

I tried to create this affect on a page but I don't know everything that needs to be defined in order to get it to work. This would only appear on the search results page if the product template used does not display the normal product details and add to cart button, but just give a link to the moreinfo page and maybe the price. In a case like that you would not know that quantity pricing is available so the comment is added to let the shopper know that quantity/variable pricing is available for the product.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby dortchjm » Thu May 07, 2015 2:10 pm

That is fine, I get the picture. I was just having a hard time trying to figure out what went there.

Thanks!
dortchjm

Return to Custom Template Questions