Where should TEXTA appear in BB-Familiar2?

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Where should TEXTA appear in BB-Familiar2?

Postby psldesigns » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:38 am

Hi,

I put in random text for TEXT A and TEXT B under Layout just to see where it went. Text B shows up in the footer area ... I'm not getting anything to show up on any pages for TEXT A. I checked some of the files, and I found this in BB-Footer4.sst:
Code: Select all
  [-- IF VAR.UseTextA "other" --][-- ELSE_IF STORE.TextA --][-- VAR.TextA "yes" --][-- VAR.FooterExcessCount INC --][-- END_IF --]
  [-- IF VAR.TextA "yes" --]<div class="bb-footerexcesstexta">[-- STORE.TextA --]</div>[-- END_IF --]

So I'm guessing I must have the value of VAR.UseTextA to "other" ... but can't find where that is set. Or maybe there is another IF around it I'm not catching?

Thanks!
psldesigns

Re: Where should TEXTA appear in BB-Familiar2?

Postby loren_d_c » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:54 pm

If you're using the Familiar theme, then [-- VAR.UseTextA "other" --] is set in BB-Header-Familiar.sst. But you don't necessarily have to muck with that file right off the bat, just replace [-- IF VAR.TextA "yes" --] in the code below with [-- IF STORE.TextA --], then it won't matter what VAR.UseTextA is set to, it will output the Text A text (if there is anything in that field) in that location.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Return to Custom Template Questions