Added a Theme to site, shopping cart is lost!

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Added a Theme to site, shopping cart is lost!

Postby wat98sw » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:06 am

Hello all,

I use the Order Anywhere buttons but wanted to try out a few pages using the responsive themes. I thought I could add a theme to my SS store but that would not affect the usage of my Order Anywhere Buttons. I don't see why that would.

Now when I click on an Order Anywhere button I get a blank where the shopping cart should be. I see some parts of the cart such as the custom header and some unformatted links to customer registration, etc. but the body of the page is completely blank. The custom footer is also gone. I can see that the shopping cart has some items in it and I see the custom theme colors come up but the shopping cart itself seems to be completely corrupted.

Why would simply adding a theme cause the shopping cart to be invisible, absent or corrupted like this? I would like to remove the theme and return to the original shopping cart but I do not see how a theme can be removed without replacing it with another one.

I use SS because it is fairly easy and straight forward. This, however, is a mess and quite alarming!

Thanks for any insight.
wat98sw

Re: Added a Theme to site, shopping cart is lost!

Postby wat98sw » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:55 pm

At this point, this might be a problem with the hosting side and not SS. It might just be a coincidence.
wat98sw

Re: Added a Theme to site, shopping cart is lost!

Postby wat98sw » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:59 pm

OK, problem on the server side! Solved and new problems created....as usual.
wat98sw

Return to Custom Template Questions