Shopping Cart Templates

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Shopping Cart Templates

Postby xylemdesign » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:41 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find the version 12.1 shopping cart templates? In all of my stores the only cart templates that are there are the ones that we have been using forever, there are none of the new responsive templates. I know that I can change the theme but our store is highly customized and doesn't use the templating engine so I'm a bit worried it will change too much. Is there anywhere I can download them?

Thanks!
xylemdesign

Re: Shopping Cart Templates

Postby Jim » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:14 pm

You change the shopping cart template on Commerce Setup > Order system > Layout info.

EDIT: If your store is not version 12 or later the responsive themes will not be available (or work even if you downloaded and installed them.)

Be aware that the new themes often rely on css style sheets that are only created when the store is published. So first try just changing the template at the above location then check the shopping cart to see how it looks and if it doesn't look right you will probably need to publish to generate the css files. You can do that by going to Utilities > Publish and (make note of which options are checked so you can restore them later) then uncheck all options except "Publish files (css, js, ...) during update" and click the Regenerate button. That will generate css files (since you haven't selected a theme it may not do the ones for a particular theme) so they will be available in your shopping cart. You may have to change colors, buttons etc on the Preferences > Layout settings, Commerce setup > Order System > Layout info or Preferences > Store text > Shopping cart (Receipts, Checkout etc). It will depend on which template you use for the shopping cart which settings will be used. See http://www.shopsite.com/templates/cookbook/builtintemplates.shtml (click on the theme you use for the cart) and you will see a list of which colors and other settings are used by that theme.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby xylemdesign » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:12 pm

Thanks for the reply Jim. I'm not sure I worded my question correctly to start. I'm running ShopSite® Pro 12 sp1 and it doesn't have any of the new cart template files available Commerce Setup > Order system > Layout info nor can I see them in Merchandising Tools > Custom Templates. Is there anyway I can get the source css and the cart templates without having to change the theme to my stores? Should they have been placed on our server when we upgraded to V. 12?
xylemdesign

Postby loren_d_c » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:31 pm

Only your custom templates appear in Merchandising -> Custom Templates. If you want to make a copy of the default ShopSite templates, use the 'Copy ShopSite Template' function (or Copy ShopSite Include in the Includes section) to get a copy of the built-in templates that your store has available that you can then view/edit.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Postby xylemdesign » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:33 pm

That's exactly what I was looking for!
Thanks Loren
xylemdesign

Return to Custom Template Questions