Search Template question

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Search Template question

Postby lneibauer » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:05 am

All,
I was looking for some help with the search template. When you search for a product it works perfectly and the desired results show as expected. In the template we have a button that shows shows up as expected to take you to the more information page. My question is, is there was a way to add a second button that will take you to the page the product is assigned to.

The Link for the current button goes to [-- PRODUCT.MoreInfoURL --] is there a Shopsite tag that will allow me to point a button to the Product assigned page?

Thanks in advance
lneibauer

Re: Search Template question

Postby Jim » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:03 am

The setting that determines where the link goes to is found on Products > Edit Product Info > Search Destination (in the Product Information section).
As far as I know there isn't a way to have links to both the moreinfo page and the page the product is assigned to at the same time for a single product.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby lneibauer » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:46 am

Thanks Jim, I did see that but I have the link in the products set on "Store" but I have my template going to the more information page. I guess the search template is overwriting product setting in the product template?
lneibauer

Postby Jim » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:05 am

How do you have the search templates configured? Preferences > Search Settings > Search Layout? There are 3 templates, Search Template that is used for the page layout; Link Template Override that defines how the link to the page the item is found on look ; and Product Template Override which specifies an alternate layout for the product when it is displayed on the page with search results.

Let me amend my last post: If your Product Template Override has the product name and/or image defined as a link to the product's moreinfo page that link will still work in addition to the page link that is defined by the "Store" setting. So you could in effect have two different links for a product on the search results but they will not be the standard links below the product.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby lneibauer » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:14 am

Jim wrote:How do you have the search templates configured? Preferences > Search Settings > Search Layout? There are 3 templates, Search Template that is used for the page layout; Link Template Override that defines how the link to the page the item is found on look ; and Product Template Override which specifies an alternate layout for the product when it is displayed on the page with search results.

Let me amend my last post: If your Product Template Override has the product name and/or image defined as a link to the product's moreinfo page that link will still work in addition to the page link that is defined by the "Store" setting. So you could in effect have two different links for a product on the search results but they will not be the standard links below the product.

On the search page I have both the link template and page template override checked and using 2 different templates....
lneibauer

Postby Jim » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:30 am

On the search page I have both the link template and page template override checked and using 2 different templates....

I assume you meant product template not page template.

What is the code for the product link in those two templates?

A link to your site so we can see what is happening would be helpful.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby lneibauer » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:43 pm

Jim,
sorry it took so long for me to get back to you, personal family issues.....

the site is: www.churchsupplier.com

thanks
lneibauer

Return to Custom Template Questions