Trace theme and subproducts

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Trace theme and subproducts

Postby psldesigns » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:55 am

I'd like to use subproducts in a more creative way than the BB template does them. Background: I need to add something to the product that increases the price but has personalization so can't just do it as a dropdown (back printing). So I would like to do it as a separate product. Subproducts are not working because if I add the product "back printing" as a subproduct, it requires more than one sub to be there as it seems subproducts are really meant as sizes or versions of the main product. I would like it so that the product is always added to cart and you have the option of picking one or more subproducts that would also get added in with the product. Any ideas on doing something like this? Thanks!
psldesigns

Re: Trace theme and subproducts

Postby Jim » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:06 am

Have you checked out the options are available for this theme? See http://www.shopsite.com/templates/cookbook/builtintemplates-trend.shtml
There is a link to an additional template at the bottom of the page for a Multi-Add-To-Cart Template That may do what you are asking for.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby psldesigns » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:31 pm

Hi,

Yes, I have reviewed that and it is if you want to have multiple products on a Page and allow for more than one product to be purchased. These are products and I want to have their subproducts be orderable with them from the product page. We have hundreds of products and don't want to create a page for each one as well as its already existing product page.

Do the BB- templates have anything like this?
psldesigns

Postby psldesigns » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:36 pm

It looks like there is a file: BB-Product-SubCheckbox.sst ... I just tried it and it does allow for checkboxes! However, in order to add the current product you are on, you have to add it as a subproduct for itself. How would I change that template to have it always add itself in the loop without the need to display it and check it?

Also, is there any documentation for what all the BB- template files are for?

Thanks!
psldesigns

Postby Jim » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:20 pm

I don't think there is any documentation as to what the various template files do.
You might be able to modify the template to always include the main product as a hidden object with a quantity of 1. That way when they add to cart that item would be include along with any others that the shopper checks.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:36 pm

What little documentation there is can be found at http://www.shopsite.com/templates/cookbook/builtintemplates.shtml and then click on a theme to see what settings are used and how and there may be a list of theme files and very brief description of what it does.
Jim
Site Admin

Return to Custom Template Questions