BB-Trace Theme changing how price is displayed

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

BB-Trace Theme changing how price is displayed

Postby psldesigns » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:08 am

Hi, What I'm looking to do is to add Product Field 1 in front of or behind the display of the price on the more information page. I have found many include files for this theme, some regarding price (like BB-Price-TwoLine). I'm wondering which template file would be the best one to add this to? I'm trying to change the templates as little as possible so when there are updates they can easily be applied. Thanks!
psldesigns

Re: BB-Trace Theme changing how price is displayed

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:44 pm

I would suggest editing the more information code include file which is based on the product template you are using. So first, check which bb-product template you are using by going to Products > Edit Product Layout. The default for most themes using BB template files is the regular BB-Product.sst product template. If this is the product template you are using, then go to Merchandising > Custom Templates > Include Files, and make a copy of the BB-ProductPageContent.sst include file. Then make a copy of your copy and rename it the exact same name as the original (you can then get rid of your first copy...you don't need it anymore).

If you are using a different bb-product template, match the second half of the name with the include file with the same second half. For example, if you are using the BB-Product-2Columns.sst product template, then you will want to make a copy of the BB-ProductPageContent-2Columns.sst.

To modify the template, open the BB-ProductPageContent.sst include file (Edit), and near the top, maybe 10-15 lines in, you will see [-- INCLUDE VAR.PriceDisplay PROCESS --]. Simply add [-- IF PRODUCT.Field1 --]<span id="field1">[-- PRODUCT.Field1 --]</span>[-- END_IF --] above that line. Save changes. Then regenerate your store (Utilities > Publish > Regenerate).
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Return to Custom Template Questions