Product with Subproducts Display Price on pages

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Product with Subproducts Display Price on pages

Postby psldesigns » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:15 pm

Hi, Using the BB- templates. I have a product with subproducts on this page (http://www.stillsewcrazy.com/baby-blankets-custom.html ) and the price of this product is shown as a range. I want it to just show the price or sale amount, not a range. I have been in many include templates looking for this and I may have found it, but still am not sure how to change it. In looking at this template: BB-ProductDefine.sst , I see the subproduct loop in a data-price=. I tried changing that and just got an error. I found that if in this template I set [-- VAR.DisplayRegPrice yes" --], then it displays the product price AND the range. Couldn't get rid of the range.

I found
Code: Select all
######################## Do you want your subproduct's price to display "range" "maxonly" or "minonly"
[-- VAR.SubProductPrice "range" --]

in BB-VARs-DOCTYPE.sst. I changed it to "maxonly" but it didn't do anything.

How and where do I control the display of the price in the [-- DEFINE PRODUCT --] section of the BB- templates where price is called as [-- VAR.Price STORE.Price --]?

Thanks!
psldesigns

Re: Product with Subproducts Display Price on pages

Postby Jim » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:32 am

[-- VAR.Price STORE.Price --]?
is just assigning the text "Price" (or whatever you have Price on Preferences > Store Text > Store Pages > Price set to) to the variable VAR.Price, it isn't displaying any number at all.
The tag for the product price would be [-- PRODUCT.PRICE --]

EDIT: the link in your post doesn't work so couldn't see the problem.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby psldesigns » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:16 pm

Sorry, I updated the link over the weekend, it is this: http://www.stillsewcrazy.com/baby-blankets-personalized.html . it is showing a range for the price under the thumbnail that looks like this: $0.00 - $45.00. Doing a view source shows it is a loop with the subproduct prices. Thanks for the help!
psldesigns

Postby Jim » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:41 pm

I don't see a range. It just says $45.00. I see the same thing in Firefox and Chrome. If I click on the link to the Personalized Baby Girl Blanket, Pink & Grey Fleece (Dots & Chevron) moreinfo page I do see $45.00 or $63.00 as the price. Is that what you are talking about?

Have you closed your browser and restarted it or made sure it isn't displaying a cached version of the page?
Jim
Site Admin

Postby psldesigns » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:05 pm

lol, Lexiconn just fixed it. They were having trouble locating where to get rid of it last Friday as well and I told them I opened a thread here, since it wasn't resolved yet, they started looking at it again this afternoon and Steven there found it. Here is what he did:
I commented out the following code in the BB-ProductDefine.sst include:
<!--<span class="bb-prodprc [-- PRODUCT.PriceStyle --] [-- PRODUCT.PriceSize --]" data-price="[-- LOOP SUBPRODUCTS --][-- SUBPRODUCTS BB-SubproductPriceOnly.sst --][-- END_LOOP SUBPRODUCTS --]"></span>-->
then added:
[-- VAR.DisplayRegPrice "yes" --]
to force DisplayRegPrice to equal "yes" before the regular price section.

It was showing the range on the DIY product on the page you went to.

Is this the best way to turn off the subproduct range? Is the code I found in BB-VARs-DOCTYPE.sst (at the very beginning of this thread) supposed to do just what I was looking for but isn't working? Thanks!
psldesigns

Postby Jim » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:25 pm

It looks like that code just outputs the price for subproducts within the loop so removing it will remove all the subproduct prices. I don't know why the template designer did it that way so can't say if that is the best way to fix the problem or if another way would be better. But if it is working the way you want then it should be fine.
Jim
Site Admin

Return to Custom Template Questions