Remove Ordering Options from Abandoned Cart Emails?

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Remove Ordering Options from Abandoned Cart Emails?

Postby koryb1 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:22 pm

The section of code from our template that generates the abandoned cart emails is as follows:

#########################################################################
[-- DEFINE Abandon_Cart_Email --]<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" /></head>
<body bgcolor="#[-- STORE.BackgroundColor --]" link="#[-- STORE.LinkColor --]" vlink="#[-- STORE.LinkColor --]" alink="#[-- STORE.LinkColor --]"><br /><font face="[-- IF STORE.Font --][-- STORE.Font --][-- ELSE --]arial[-- END_IF --]">
<table cellpadding="20" cellspacing="0" border="0" align="center" width="90%" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><tr><td align="left">
<div style="margin: 0px; padding: 8px 0px;">[-- STORE.AbandonEmailText1 --]</div>
[-- SC_Cart image name --]
<br /><table cellpadding="12" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100"><tr><td class="white"><nobr>[-- ABANDON_CART_RECOVER_LINK --]</nobr></td></tr></table><br />
<div style="margin: 0px; padding: 8px 0px;">[-- STORE.AbandonEmailText2 --]</div>
<br /></td></tr></table>
<style type="text/css">table td table td.white {background: #[-- STORE.LinkColor --]; border-radius: 3px; -moz-border-radius: 3px; -webkit-border-radius: 3px;} table td table td.white a, table td table td.white a:link, table td table td.white a:hover, table td table td.white a:active {color: #FFFFFF; text-decoration: none; text-transform: uppercase;} h1.storename {padding-top: 0px; margin-top: 0px;} body, td {font-size: 10pt;} table th {display: none; font-size: 80%;} table td table tbody td {font-weight: bold;} span.url-only a:link, span.url-only a:active, span.url-only a:hover {color: #[-- STORE.TextColor --];}</style>
</body></html>
[-- END_DEFINE Abandon_Cart_Email --]
#########################################################################

In the resulting abandoned cart emails, the product images are shown with the product names neatly to the right of the images. However, on a new row, the Ordering Options then appear. The spacing of these is awkward, and with abandoned carts that have multiple items with ordering options the abandoned cart email quickly gets lengthy.

Is there a way to remove the Ordering Options from these emails? I don't think it's critical to include this information, and removing them would make our emails look a lot cleaner and more organized.

The tag in the code above that I think pulls the data from the shopping cart is [-- SC_Cart image name --]. I would think this would pull only the product images and product names, so I'm not sure what is driving inclusion of the ordering options (and therefore how to remove them).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
koryb1

Re: Remove Ordering Options from Abandoned Cart Emails?

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:59 pm

Kory, I know you have already had this fixed, but I wanted to include the fix here for any other merchants with this same question. You can just add a line of CSS to "hide" the ordering options in the email. Add this into the abandon cart email define in the shopping cart template.

Code: Select all
<style type="text/css">div.hideoptions table tr td table {display: none;}</style>
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Return to Custom Template Questions