abandoned cart

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

abandoned cart

Postby gracefuli » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:36 am

i am using the bb theme. i have enabled abandoned cart emails and tweeked the text the way i want it. but i want to add a coupon. if i check that box (enable coupon) it says there are no coupon templates - add here. Then it takes me too the create a coupon section, but if i make one or select one, it never gives me the option making it a template.?

and the sample email shows a sample pic and labels it "stuffed bear". i have uploaded my own logo and renamed it the same as the same pic, but it still says stuffed bear. i can not find it attached to any of the image attributes.

help- where is the template and how do i edit it?
thanks-
grace
gracefuli

Re: abandoned cart

Postby loren_d_c » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:14 pm

When you are on the Add a Coupon screen the very first setting at the top is a radio button labeled 'Coupon Type' and the options are 'Regular Coupon' and 'Template Coupon (used by Order E-mail)'. I think you can only make this selection when initially creating a coupon, I don't think you can edit it after the fact and change it to a template if it was created as a template.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Postby gracefuli » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:34 pm

great- i see this now! BUT how do i get rid of the stuffed bear!

AND get the coupon to work?

i just updated to the latest shopsite version, but that did not resolve the issues.
gracefuli

Postby loren_d_c » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:32 pm

The stuffed bear is just an example product that is hard-coded for the email test function, when the shoppers are sent the actual emails they will see the items they had in their cart, not the stuffed bear.

To get the coupon link in the emails first you have to create a coupon that is of the type 'Template Coupon (used by Order E-mail)', then in the Commerce > Order System > Abandoned Cart and check the 'Offer one time coupon' checkbox in the First E-mail Text section (and the Second E-mail Text section, if you have a second email enabled) and choose the template coupon from the list (you can have more than one template, this is so that you could potentially offer different discounts in the different emails, for example you could start with a 5% discount coupon in the first email, and then a 10% discount coupon in the second email), then send the test emails.

Note that each time an email is sent, it creates an actual new one-time use coupon specifically for that email, so after you send the test emails and go to the Merchandising > Coupons menu you should note the new coupons in the coupon list. Also, since it is a real coupon, if you click the coupon link in the test emails, it will take you to your shopping cart and add that coupon to it.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Return to Custom Template Questions