Bootstrap Two Customizations

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Bootstrap Two Customizations

Postby psldesigns » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:30 am

Hi,

I'm using the Outline Theme and like most everything about it. I just have a few .css things i want to change. I know i can completely customize the header and footer by changing color 5 to not #0000??, but i don't want to start from scratch ... want to start with everything from the Outline Theme, just tweak it. So what would be the best template to put a reference to a new .css file (like bootstrap-custom.css) that will take precedence over all others while keeping the majority of the current Outline Theme .css?

I hope that made sense and thanks!
psldesigns

Re: Bootstrap Two Customizations

Postby cyoung » Mon May 14, 2018 8:52 am

The easiest way to adjust existing themes is to copy, edit, and rename them back to the original file names. Our software saves the modified version in a different file and looks there first.

You can view a list of the Outline theme files here: http://www.shopsite.com/templates/cookbook/builtintemplates-boot.html

You can just replace a single file (or a couple files) that is the fastest way to edit.
cyoung

Re: Bootstrap Two Customizations

Postby psldesigns » Mon May 14, 2018 9:42 am

Thanks, I went with customizing boot.css and that has been working well. I can do most things there and hopefully that won't be a file that needs to be upgraded or have changes in future releases.
psldesigns

Return to Custom Template Questions