Edit Shopping Cart email registration popup lightbox

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Edit Shopping Cart email registration popup lightbox

Postby hammer » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:02 am

Hello,

How to I change the appearance and text of the new customer email popup on on the shopping cart page?

I am using the BB- responsive design in shopsite pro templates. Running SP 12 sp2 r4 on windows server 12.

I see some tags in include files for BB-Abandonedcartpopup.sst and see a tag for sc_email_lightbox but so far I can't find where to edit anything that would allow us to change the appearance and the text. The default popup is proving to be confusing our customers and has not been successful for us.
hammer

Re: Edit Shopping Cart email registration popup lightbox

Postby cyoung » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:46 am

The appearance is mostly controlled with CSS. If you want to control the layout of elements in there, you would edit the BB-AbandonCartPopUp.sst include file.
cyoung

Postby hammer » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:11 pm

cyoung wrote:The appearance is mostly controlled with CSS. If you want to control the layout of elements in there, you would edit the BB-AbandonCartPopUp.sst include file.

Thank you so much for the reply. I am looking at the bb-abandoncartpopup.sst and I can't see what include files it is referencing i.e. headers footers etc. ... or anyway other way to change the appearance or even how to control how or when it appears.

This abandoned cart email capture an important feature and I would like to have it working correctly. And while not an expert at CSS, I can usually get by. But even as a long shop site user, this has me baffled. I can't even find how to make the popup light box appear so I can check my edits. How do you get the lightbox to appear?

Have you been able to change the appearance?
hammer

Postby hammer » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:23 pm

cyoung wrote:The appearance is mostly controlled with CSS. If you want to control the layout of elements in there, you would edit the BB-AbandonCartPopUp.sst include file.

Hello

Is there a way to make the popup appear so that I can see the effect of any changes I may make? Another way of asking, is there a work around to make the abandoned cart popup visible.
hammer

Postby cyoung » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:26 am

The code to make it appear is automatically added by ShopSite, not in a template, so that part can't be edited. To turn the feature on and off it is under Commerce Setup > Customer Registration > Configure. Just updating the look of the popup would be in CSS. You can look at the code that is output and add the CSS based on the ids and classes used, then add that CSS directly to the template. Or, if you want to view the current CSS for the lightbox sign in, that CSS is in the bb-basiccart.css publish file.

So, basically you can edit the HTML and add your own CSS directly into the BB-AbandonCartPopUp.sst. Or you can modify the existing CSS in the bb-basiccart.css publish file.
cyoung

Return to Custom Template Questions