Print last 4 card digits on packing slip?

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Print last 4 card digits on packing slip?

Postby BBox » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:51 am

We use ShopSite for our shopping cart. I have made a fair number of changes to the templates for various pages and the packing slip we print to ship with orders. There is one item on the packing slip template which I haven't been able to fix: namely, the credit card issuers require that the last four digits of the payment card be printed on the receipt. I cannot find any field available for the packing slip template that prints this data--the only way to print that info is to print the order form itself, which is not customizable by template and consequently is hard to read, with less than great font sizing and typography. Can we print this data on the packing slip? If so, what's the field code? If not, can we add this functionality in a later release?
BBox

Re: Print last 4 card digits on packing slip?

Postby ShopSite David » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:07 pm

No, no part of the credit card number is available for printing on the Packing Slip. I have not heard of anyone using the Packing Slip as a receipt. The receipt is on the screen when the order is completed and in the email the shopper receives. Those two places do contain the last 4 digits of the credit card number.

In the orders section under Configuration you could place CSS in the View Order Header field and therefore affect the font size and other settings.
-David H.
ShopSite, Inc.
http://www.shopsite.com
ShopSite David
Site Admin

Return to Custom Template Questions