Best Responsive Shopping Cart Template?

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Best Responsive Shopping Cart Template?

Postby Rgkopchak » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:42 am

Was wondering if there is a "preferred" shopping cart template that you all use. I have been working with "Stripped Down", but I'm running into issues with tables breaking, and some issues on mobile as well.

I see that was released in version 12, and the newest templates are version 14 and all seems to use the "CJ Theme". Is this correct? It looks like CJ takes advantage of bootstrap 4, which I am assuming helps with the responsiveness?

Thanks for any advice!
Rgkopchak

Re: Best Responsive Shopping Cart Template?

Postby Rgkopchak » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:47 pm

I've spent most of the day working with "Thin" which uses the "Boot-Cart-NoSideNav.sst" cart. Pretty great, and the fact that we are using DIV now instead of Tables makes me soooo happy. I am running into an odd issue where the cart image (my custom image, not loaded in SS) is overlapping the text on small screens and phones... but hopefully I will be able to diagnose that soon.

Anyway, for posterity, if anyone finds this before bootstrap 12 comes out... Boot-Cart is the way to go!
Rgkopchak

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:34 pm

Yes, the Boot-Cart and CJ cart templates both use Bootstrap as the framework so both will work similarly as far as responsive-ness. Both are great.

Rgkopchak - you might need to add an img {max-width: 100%} in order to get the images to be forced smaller. You may want to specify images that are within the cart divs, not just all images.
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Postby Rgkopchak » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:21 am

Hi Lauren, thanks for the response.

I went into bootcgi.css and added:

Code: Select all
div.cart-product-image img {max-width: 100%}

... and seemed to have done it! Thanks for saving me some work troubleshooting!

Really happy with this cart.
Rgkopchak

Postby Daisymartin » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:43 am

Hello there from the United Kingdom. Thanks for sharing this. Looking forward to this group.
Residential Care Home in East Sussex | Care home for elders | Care Home in Eastbourne | Care Home in Hasting
Daisymartin

Return to Custom Template Questions