International Shipping Problems in Cart

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

International Shipping Problems in Cart

Postby nelleandlizzy » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:35 am

I am using the BB templates.
I just noticed there is an issue with my international shipping options and rates in the cart. This worked previously. I don't get a lot of international orders, so I don't know how long this has been there.

1. It is not displaying correctly. It should have a radio button with First Class Mail® International and the price which is currently displaying as $22.83.

2. The rates are incorrect. I have my settings for international shipments at retail rates plus 10%. When I lookup the retail rate it is $12.25. So it should show up at $13.48.

Any insight into where to debug this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
nelleandlizzy

Re: International Shipping Problems in Cart

Postby loren_d_c » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:27 am

1) I can see the First Class Mail® International label and radio button flash on the screen for a split second then it's gone, and I can view the source of the page and see it fine. Looks like you have custom JavaScript on the page that is removing it if the country is not US and the cart subtotal is over $100 (First Class Mail® International is 'usps233'):

Code: Select all
if(ss_jQuery("#country").val()!='US'){

ss_jQuery("input[value='reg']").removeAttr("checked");
           ss_jQuery("input[value='reg']").parent().parent().remove();
           if(ss_subtotal > 100){
              ss_jQuery("input[value='usps233']").removeAttr("checked");
              ss_jQuery("input[value='usps233']").parent().parent().remove();
            }
}

You would have to talk to your template designer/coder about why that's there and about removing it if you don't want it, or fixing it to also remove the price element too if you do still want it.

2) The rates in USPS shipping quotes are coming from USPS servers after all the product data and settings and shipping settings you have configured are sent to it. There is always the possibility that USPS is returning the incorrect rates, but it's more likely that you have something configured differently in ShopSite than you are using when you are manually looking up rates. There are a lot more factors that just weight, such as package type, package dimensions, number of packages, pick-up type, delivery location type, declared value (for international), etc etc.
loren_d_c

Re: International Shipping Problems in Cart

Postby nelleandlizzy » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:29 pm

loren_d_c wrote:1) I can see the First Class Mail® International label and radio button flash on the screen for a split second then it's gone, and I can view the source of the page and see it fine. Looks like you have custom JavaScript on the page that is removing it if the country is not US and the cart subtotal is over $100 (First Class Mail® International is 'usps233'):

Code: Select all
if(ss_jQuery("#country").val()!='US'){

ss_jQuery("input[value='reg']").removeAttr("checked");
           ss_jQuery("input[value='reg']").parent().parent().remove();
           if(ss_subtotal > 100){
              ss_jQuery("input[value='usps233']").removeAttr("checked");
              ss_jQuery("input[value='usps233']").parent().parent().remove();
            }
}

You would have to talk to your template designer/coder about why that's there and about removing it if you don't want it, or fixing it to also remove the price element too if you do still want it.

2) The rates in USPS shipping quotes are coming from USPS servers after all the product data and settings and shipping settings you have configured are sent to it. There is always the possibility that USPS is returning the incorrect rates, but it's more likely that you have something configured differently in ShopSite than you are using when you are manually looking up rates. There are a lot more factors that just weight, such as package type, package dimensions, number of packages, pick-up type, delivery location type, declared value (for international), etc etc.

Thanks!
I fixed the formatting issue, but the USPS info is still incorrect. It is being brought in directly by Shopsite. I tested this by removing the 10% increase and it lowered it to $20.75. I guess I'll contact support for that.
nelleandlizzy

Return to Custom Template Questions