Thank you email billing and shipping address layout

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Thank you email billing and shipping address layout

Postby lneibauer » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:55 am

Good morning everyone, I have a question about the layout of the billing and shipping address layout on the "thank you" email. When using the tag [-- SC_Address --] it stacks both the billing and shipping address vertically which makes a lot of scrolling on the email that the customer receives. I am looking to have the billing address stacked on one site and the shipping address stacked next to it, like in an HTML table is there are way to do this? if there were separate tag for the Billing address vs the shipping address I could do what I am want. Does anyone know of a way to accomplish what I am looking for. Thanks in advance
lneibauer

Re: Thank you email billing and shipping address layout

Postby loren_d_c » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:37 pm

If you're using the [-- SC_Address --] tag that creates table-formatted address fields, then you should be able to uncheck the box "Billing Address displayed above Shipping Address" in Commerce > Order System > Checkout and it will put the tables side-by-side on the Checkout screen.

Almost all the newer responsive templates use [-- SC_Address_V2 --] which uses DIVs and SPANs around the address fields, and the layout is then determined by how you style it in your CSS. This is better when you want the address fields side by side for a larger screen, but on a smaller screen it could responsively switch to one above the other, whereas the table-based layout would just force the user to have to scroll over to see the shipping address fields.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Postby lneibauer » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:19 pm

Thanks you Loren, that help a lot. You mentioned a tag called [-- SC_Address_V2 --], I could not find that in the list of tags in the help screen. Can you please point me in the direction of some documentation on that tag? That would be very appreciated.
lneibauer

Postby loren_d_c » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:56 pm

https://www.shopsite.com/templates/cookbook/tags-by-version.html#12
loren_d_c

Postby lneibauer » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:58 pm

Perfect, thank you
lneibauer

Return to Custom Template Questions