Removing "Result Pages:" on Search Template

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Removing "Result Pages:" on Search Template

Postby tmlogo » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:45 pm

I have been unable to figure out how to remove the text "Result Pages:" in my search results. I was able to remove the pages themselves, but not the text.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
tmlogo

Re: Removing "Result Pages:" on Search Template

Postby cyoung » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:50 am

The only place in the product that I see "Result Pages:" is hardcoded in the Element-ProductDefine.sst include file, so it would only be used for themes that use the Element templates.

Themes that use the Element Templates were released in version 14 sp1: All Side, Dark Rim, Dark Uniform, Edge, Editorial, Flank, Rim, Ringer, Roomy, Tilt, Tilt Left, Tranquil, and Uniform.

Built-in Themes: https://www.shopsite.com/templates/cookbook/builtintemplates.shtml
Elements themes documentation: https://www.shopsite.com/templates/cookbook/builtintemplates-element.html

We recommend backing up your site before making any custom changes. (Utilities> Database> Backup>)

The include template can be found and edited under Merchandising> Custom Templates> Includes> Copy ShopSite Include File> select the 'Element-ProductDefine.sst' file name it something slightly different and save it. You will then see the copied template listed on the Custom Templates screen in ShopSite and you will be able to Edit the Include file.

If you copy your edited include file and name it the original name, 'Element-ProductDefine.sst', it will be used instead of the original ShopSite template.

We hope this information is helpful.
cyoung

Re: Removing "Result Pages:" on Search Template

Postby tmlogo » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:58 am

Thank you so much!!!! I've gone crazy looking through templates trying to find it!
tmlogo

Return to Custom Template Questions