Custom Customer registartion templates.

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Custom Customer registartion templates.

Postby tdsrob » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:44 pm

I upgraded to shopsite pro today and I am in the process of learning the Minicart and customer registration features. ShopSite's documentation on this subject seems very confusing to me.

I would like to build a custom customer registration template to match the rest of my store. I was hoping someone can tell me the best approach. I am not trying to do anything to advanced at the moment. The default customer registration layout is fine with me. I am simply trying to make the customer registration template match the rest of my site. Is there a way I can copy an existing registration template and paste the info into the main cell of my html page sort of like in the "Quick and Easy custom template tutorial"?

I'm trying to get this done this weekend any help would be great.
tdsrob

Postby tdsrob » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:27 pm

I figured out how to create the template but the "save button" does not work on the initial customer registration page where they enter their name, password etc.... When I click the save button nothing at all happens... Everything else seems to be working well though :)
tdsrob

Postby robm » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:00 am

Make sure your Sign up section of the template has the tag:
[-- CR_FORM --]

which will open the form tag needed for the buttons to work. Also make dure you close the form with the </form> tag.

If you look at the default template "cr_default" it calls the include "crHeader" which contains the tags needed for this template to work correctly.
robm

Re: Custom Customer registartion templates.

Postby bdepew » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:04 am

We are having the same issue...where do I put the [-- CR_FORM --] tags at? and do I only need to put them in one place on the template? If so where is the best place to put them? and the ending tag is a normal </form> closing tag?

all the forms are on this on registration page? the register, sign in and forgot password?
Brian Depew
I.T. Manager
OnlineTechStores.com, Inc
brian@onlinetechstores.com
bdepew

Return to Custom Template Questions