Changing shopping cart css file

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Changing shopping cart css file

Postby iTal » Fri May 07, 2010 2:19 pm

Hi all,

I'm trying to change my cart's layout by changing its css file. I copied the classic template and I would like to add on to it and change its appearance. According to the code:

<style type="text/css"> <!--
[-- INCLUDE classy_sc_styles.css PROCESS --]
-->
</style>

in order to change the css rules I need an access to classy_sc_styles.css, but I can't find the way to do so. Is there a way to add on to the css file, or maybe it's better to add css rules on the template? In general, I would need some advice on how to apply my changes to the cart's layout.

Many thanks for your help.
iTal

Postby Jim » Fri May 07, 2010 8:19 pm

all of the css files would be found under Merchandising > Custom Templates > Includes or Merchandising > Custom Templates > Publish. You would need to make a copy of the ShopSite template and edit that file. You could then either copy it back to the same file name or modify the template that includes it and change that file to call your file.

Note that the shopping cart template includes multiple sections and it is possible that the same or a different .css file is used in each. So make sure you find all the css files used for your styles.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby iTal » Tue May 11, 2010 12:04 pm

Thanks for your quick reply.

Sorry for the newbie questions, but even though I was able to find the css files, I couldn't find how to change shopsite's tags, such as [-- VAR.sc_banner_bg_color --].

Please help.
iTal

Postby Jim » Tue May 11, 2010 1:00 pm

The ShopSite VAR tags such as [-- VAR.sc_banner_bg_color --] are defining a variable which can be used in other places in the template or in some other template that is active at the same time, (I.E. during the publish, displaying the shopping cart, doing a search etc). The value of the variable will be kept in memory and used in multiple places. What you need to find is where [-- VAR.sc_banner_bg_color <xyz> --] (where <xyz> is some text or a number) is located and see what is being specified for the <zyz>

I looked through the files and see that the declaration of VAR.sc_banner_bg_color is in classy_sc_vars.sst: and is
[-- VAR.sc_banner_bg_color STORE.SC_ShadeColor --]

So the banner bg color is being pulled from the STORE.SC_ShadeColor which is configured on the Commerce Setup > Order System > Layout > Table Shade Color: . and just changing the color there should affect the pages in your store or cart where that VAR is used. (Note: you could also replace the VAR statement [-- VAR.sc_banner_bg_color --] with just a color value, (such as #FFAABB ) if you want to do that but it wouldn't be as flexible as using the VAR

It can be a little difficult to find where a VAR is initially set or changed but by going through the files that get included using the [-- include <filename> --] format and looking for ones that include "vars" in the file name would be where I would start.

You can find what all the tags mean by going to the custom template specification at
http://www.shopsite.com/help/10.1/en-US ... .spec.html
or a concise format at
http://www.shopsite.com/help/10.1/en-US ... et.sc.html
Jim
Site Admin

Return to Custom Template Questions