Search Page results layout

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Search Page results layout

Postby Jisai » Fri May 21, 2010 2:56 am

I am working on a custom template for search results page. I am trying to make the search results appear like Google results:
Page Link
Product Info

However, the tag [-- SEARCHRESULTS --] appears to force Product Info to be displayed first, followed by the link to the page where this product appears.

Is there any way to modify the tag (or work around it) to change the display order?

I tried to use the tags [-- IF SEARCHLINK --] and [-- IF SEARCHPRODUCT --], but their position in the template did not make any difference.

Thanks for any help - Jay
Jisai

Postby Jim » Fri May 21, 2010 12:56 pm

ShopSite will always return the product info followed by the link info. I'm not an html guru but you might be able to do something with <div>s and styles to swap the display order.

Another thing you could do if you have more information pages for your products is to put the more information link at the top of the product info and code the page link to be a blank link. That way there would be a link to the product's page at the top of the product information and no link would display after the product info.
Jim
Site Admin

Return to Custom Template Questions