tailoring the registration form on custom template.

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

tailoring the registration form on custom template.

Postby crystalis » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:43 am

Hi,
I would like to know if i can create a custom registration form on shopsite so that users can come and register to the site. Is there a way to access the database as for the registration process, i would like to know from where i can i add my database tables and modify them?
crystalis

Postby artifactink » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:14 pm

This is something I would like, as well. What extra program is simple and easy. This is a great request for new versions.
MD
artifactink

Postby Jim » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:09 pm

ShopSite does not provide any method for direct access of the database. The database is based on SQLite so if you can find a way to use that you could access it but ShopSite will not be responsible for any problems with a database that is so modified. There is no build in way to add any tables to the database and doing so would probably cause problems with upgrades since ShopSite would not know that such fields exist and would not transfer them to the new database during the upgrade. A better way to add additional fields would be to create your own database and use that for any additional fields. I'm not sure how you would call your database since the registration cgi (compiled C not Perl) would not include a call to your routines.
Jim
Site Admin

Return to Custom Template Questions