Making slight changes to ShopSite Templates

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Making slight changes to ShopSite Templates

Postby artifactink » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:12 pm

My client likes the shopsite "Curves" template, with simple modifications to start:
Adding a header image png in the standard header area, and adding some additional navigation (/ul) text links in the footer area for non-shopping pages (contact, etc). I have already added a graphic to the background, etc. and watched all the videos.
I am reading the "Cookbook", and plan to do several adapted sites for clients, getting more sophisticated as I learn.
FOR NOW; initial post - Can I just paste a line or two of html code in the "Header & Footer" section on the preferences pages to have the .png show up in the standard template header, and what code do I need to include to have the standard page name still show??
MD
artifactink

Postby Jim » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:41 pm

You could put the image in the Header/Footer (under Preferences >layout settings (or Header Footer depending on the version of ShopSite you have ) That is generally use in most templates. If you have ShopSite 10 sp1 I believe there is a company logo field under Preferences > Layout Settings that could be use also. You could also add links in the footer the same way. Note that these are global settings so they would be applied to all ShopSite generated pages unless you turn that option off. (Pages > Edit Page Layout or Preferences > Search Settings > Search page layout.) The shopping cart, customer registration etc pages may use those setting too but generally use their own setting under Commerce Setup.

Note that the ShopSite template tags will not work if you include them in any backoffice text fields except the templates themselves.

Where are you talking about the page name showing? For the Title of the Window the Page name will be used if you don't have the Title field defined for the page.The for links the page name is generally used unless you have a page Link Name, link graphic or link text. YOu would have to look at the template to see what is actually being called for in the place where you want it. .
Jim
Site Admin

Return to Custom Template Questions