3 Things: Name Squeezing, SKU, and DONT Show Me That!

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

3 Things: Name Squeezing, SKU, and DONT Show Me That!

Postby knucklehead » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:34 pm

Here is a link to a page where you can test my cart...

http://fantasyfootballmetrics.com/ss.htm

1. Why is the product name overflowing into two lines? It's not even that long of a product name. What's the fix?

2. I don't need the SKU to show up. Where can I turn that "off"?

3. I don't want that "show me my cart everytime" prompt in the cart. I've unchecked to not show up from the customize commerce section of the SS control panel...but it keeps showing up....
Nothing is ever simple.
knucklehead

Postby robm » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:57 pm

1. The name does not overflow in Firefox or Chrome. Only in IE8 when I look at it. Probably related to your table sizes and/or css.

2. To remove the SKU, in your custom template, you would change the "[-- SC_Cart --]" tag to:

[-- SC_Cart delete quantity name price total --]

3. I do not see the checkbox, which means it is set correctly. Your browser's cookie remembered the setting to keep it. Try either clicking "empty cart" or clear your cookies and try it again.

Rob
robm

Postby Jim » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:22 pm

Looks like Rob beat me to the punch. Here are comments I entered before I saw his post.

Looks like you switched back to the sc_default before I could view it with the clean template but like I said " I'm not sure how it will look."

Probably the reason everything is shifted to the right is because of this line in your code at the top.
Code: Select all
 <div align="right">
                  <table border="0" width="65%" style="border-collapse: collapse" id="table63">

So the shopping cart output is restricted to 65% of the width of the area it is in and is shifted to the right side. Try making some tweaks in that area and see if you can get it more to your liking.

As far as the "Show me my shopping cart..." You may have to empty your cart so the token isn't there and then try it again. It is working for me in store, the text and box are not displayed.

The name is all on one line for me. It may have something to do with the font setting in your browser.

To remove the SKU you would need to make a copy of the sc_default and change the tag

[-- SC_Cart --]

to

[-- SC_Cart delete quantity image name price total --]

Note that the tag occurs in the template probably 5 times so make sure you change all instances of it. You can change the order of the "delete quantity image name price total" text if you want or remove another field if you need to.

You mentioned the the buttons didn't change when you changed the cart template. The buttons will remain the same in the shopping cart when you just change the shopping cart template being used. To change the buttons you need to either change them as I mentioned or use the Theme chooser under Preferences > Themes to pick a different theme. However, doing that changes the page, product, shopping cart, gift certificate, registration etc templates as well as the buttons for those screens. So unless you want to change your entire store I would not change the theme.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby knucklehead » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:23 pm

Thanks Rob for 2 and 3. I appreciate it...

Does anyone else have a solution for #1?

I do have the SS in a table that is aligned right - 55% of screen, but when I increase the percentage of screen, it moves the WHOLE chunk of shopping cart to the left, instead of widening it.

I don't know where else to look to increase the width of that line????
Nothing is ever simple.
knucklehead

Postby Jim » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:05 pm

Check out the style sheet that is included with the template. There is a define
Code: Select all
td.cart_name, td.cart_cp_name {
  padding: 3px;
  text-align: left;
  background-color: #FFFFFF;

you can add a width setting to it set it to a specific number of px or a %

Same thing for the shopping cart top margins. Look for the style and set it to what you want.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby knucklehead » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:06 pm

Where do I find that stle sheet????
Nothing is ever simple.
knucklehead

Postby Jim » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:33 pm

Edit your FFM_ShopCart template (Merchandising > Custom Templates > Shopping Cart) and see what css files are included. Then go to the Includes section and use the Copy ShopSite Include to make a copy of the file. Then edit that file and find the css that you need to modify. Once you have made a copy of a ShopSite template you can copy the file again and give it the same name as the ShopSite file and it will override the ShopSite one. That makes it so if the file is used in multiple places you don't need to modify all the files that use it to change th name.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby knucklehead » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:36 am

Thanks for the help! I appreicate it.
Nothing is ever simple.
knucklehead

Return to Custom Template Questions