Payment option questions

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Payment option questions

Postby silken » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:14 pm

Hi,
I am processing all payments offline and have some questions:
1. We accept payment by checks and money orders in the mail, and I would like for the customer to be able to select this as an option without having to enter check information. Is there any way I can remove those fields on the checkout page?

2. If not, can I add additional (more than the two given) generic payment fields (and how would I do this?)

3. Can I change the order that the payment fields are displayed?

Thanks in advance!
Debbie
silken

Postby Jim » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:19 pm

You can use the Purchase order, COD or the 2 custom payment options and name them what ever you want (Preferences > Store Text > Checkout). The easiest to use would be COD and just rename it to Personal Check then on the shopping cart it will say Personal Check - no further information needed.

The next easiest to use would be the Purchase Order option. You could rename it to be Money Order and add some text to ask the shopper to enter the Money Order number or enter a date when it will be sent.

The other option is to use one of the custom payment methods and in your page template don't include the template tag for the payment type but hard code the values and make the input fields hidden and give them some dummy values. That way the shopper won't have to fill them in since they are hidden but you will meet the form requirements of having the fields present.

Only the two Generic Payment Options are available you can't add additional ones.

The order cannot be changed but if you rename the fields as described above you could name them in order you want them.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby silken » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:52 pm

Thanks for the info. Can you give me a little info on how I would do the hard-coding, or where I would even look for that? I have been messing around in the custom template files, but can't seem to figure out where to affect this.

I will also try your suggestions on renaming. I have done some of this already (changed purchase order to request quote) but will go further on this.

Debbie
silken

Return to Custom Template Questions