Next Button on a more information page

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Next Button on a more information page

Postby wolfytooth » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:50 pm

I have a client who like to view the next product in a group from the more information page.

For Example, say the customer is viewing a page of shoes. They select a shoe and are then taken to the more information page. Can I now generate some sort of code(link, form submit, etc) that would allow the customer to view the next product's more information page directly without going back to the product page?
wolfytooth

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:02 am

This is not a feature within ShopSite. The reason being is because ShopSite creates static HTML pages, which are great for SEO (Search Engine Optimization) because the pages will load faster and are always on the server for search engine spiders to index. However, because of this, there is only one product more information page regardless of how many pages the product is assigned to. For example, you may have a product assigned to the "Women's Shoes" page, as well as the "Nike Shoes" page, as well as the "Shoes On Sale" page. The "next" product would be different depending on which category page the customer was on, but the product more information page would be the same for all three category pages.

A similar feature would be the cross sell feature (this is a Pro only feature) where you can display similar items on a product's more information page. This will allow customers to click on similar products and go directly to the more information pages for those similar products.
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Return to Custom Template Questions