Arrange / edit contents of [-- SC_Tax_Shipping --] in cart

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Arrange / edit contents of [-- SC_Tax_Shipping --] in cart

Postby b2tech » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:58 pm

Hello,

I've been looking for a way to edit the contents of the code generated by:
[-- SC_Tax_Shipping --]

This tag produces code for the zip code / country field and shipping options. I want to break up my checkout to have "Step two" enter zip code, step three select shipping.

Then

Step 4... enter coupon etc etc -> checkout

So is it possible to get access to break up the zip code field / shipping options?

I've searched and found one post claiming it's not possible, another claiming it is but only appeared to be css code copied from the shopsite include file.

References (claims it's possible, but copying the 'inucled' template files appear to be css only):
http://support.shopsite.com/forums/view ... a61c1b242b

Claims it's not possible:
http://support.shopsite.com/forums/view ... b249cfdc65

So is there a method to arrange the fields within [-- SC_Tax_Shipping --]?

I have the template started with html coded step one, two etc but haven't been able to get the steps after the zip code field.

The only other options I see are making it work by positioning / pushing elements around with css or dynamically adding the html code with javascript... I'd like to keep all the steps in a standard html format if possible.

Any suggestions / direction appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian
b2tech

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:11 pm

No you can not divide the contents of a single tag into multiple tags.
Yes you can move the elements with CSS.

Also, another work around that MIGHT work would be using CSS to NOT display the zip code field that is set with that tag, but then hard code the input field for the zip code option (look and the code on your shopping cart screen before you hide the original field) where you want it. I am not sure that this will work. I have seen a similar thing work with other tags.
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Postby Jim » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:19 pm

As long as all the required form fields for the shopping cart screen are within the form, you may be able to take the code that is generated by the tag and place the html anywhere within the form. (you would then leave out the associated template tag)

This makes more work but you may get more control for some of the fields. Note that some things such as shipping option will change based on what shipping method you are using and the zip entered by the shopper. These would automatically be populated by ShopSite when using the tags but would not be if you used just the html code.

[/code]
Jim
Site Admin

Postby b2tech » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:39 am

Thanks for the suggestions!

Great ideas, it sounds like it should be possible to hard code the zip code / country fields into the shopsite store template and then hide the standard zip /country fields and make sure all the ids,' names and other attributes match.

Thanks!
b2tech

Postby b2tech » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:01 am

Just for refercence, attempting to make the zip and country fields from [-- SC_Tax_Shipping --] into static html did not work the greatest.

There seems to be some dynamic scripting related to the zip and country fields, setting the same containers, classes / ids / names etc did not work for me.

Ended up keeping them together and using css adjust the layout.
b2tech

Re: Arrange / edit contents of [-- SC_Tax_Shipping --] in ca

Postby mjbrunelle » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:34 pm

You do have inline javascript to confirm whether the ship to zip has changed.
mjbrunelle

Return to Custom Template Questions