Can't Add Products to a Copied Page Template

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Can't Add Products to a Copied Page Template

Postby posty27 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:57 pm

I've copied & renamed one of my existing page templates for use with a new line of products. The problem I'm having is that the copied template is not listed when I try to assign products to it. The new template is listed under Custom Templates > Page Templates. Am I missing something?
posty27

Re: Can't Add Products to a Copied Page Template

Postby loren_d_c » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:15 pm

If your template is a PAGE template, it will not be in the PRODUCT template list. Only PRODUCT templates will show up in the PRODUCT TEMPLATE list.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Postby posty27 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:25 pm

I think you misunderstand what is happening. While in the "Edit Product Info" screen, I need to select which PAGE to add the product to. It's called "Assign Product to Pages". The new PAGE template is not listed as an available page to add products to.
posty27

Postby loren_d_c » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:38 pm

I don't think you understand what a template is, then. Page templates are not pages. Page templates can only be selected for page records (ones that are listed in the Pages menu, select the Page and click the Edit Page Layout button, the template setting is towards the top). Page TEMPLATES are not listed in the Add Product To Page menu, only pages themselves.
loren_d_c

Return to Custom Template Questions