Thank You email to customers

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Thank You email to customers

Postby sweetcera » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:57 pm

Hi!

I'm using an old version of Shopsite on my website.

In the older version, for the Thank you email, is there a way to make the Thank you email product specific? Like when someone buys a product, not only does it say thank you in the email but that it actually says the specific product they purchased?

Thanks!!
sweetcera

Re: Thank You email to customers

Postby Jim » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:37 pm

All versions of ShopSite I have worked with (from version 3 to version 10sp2r2 ) include the products that a person purchase in the email receipt they are sent.

If you are not seeing products on the email, perhaps you have enabled an email receipt from your payment gateway, which does not include products. If this is so you should go to your payment gateway to disable that email being sent. The shopper would get 2 email receipts, the ShopSite one, with products listed, and the payment gateway one, without products listed, and would be confused as to why they are getting two receipts.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby sweetcera » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:29 pm

Thank you for answering my question. I will play around more with the site and see what it does.
sweetcera

Postby sweetcera » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:41 pm

I'm using Shop Site 8. If I am listing all the product information in the description and giving the customer a drop down of the two locations to choose from, will that all be showing in the thank you confirmation email that the customer receives once they place an order? the description and the location they chose?
sweetcera

Return to Custom Template Questions