HELP... Error code in Modern-CART

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

HELP... Error code in Modern-CART

Postby degcolosimo » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:27 am

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question ... but I am a bit in a bind... really a big bind since none of my customers can place any orders! :(

I just switched over to a different built-in template (Modern) and at check out, this error occurs:

Modern-Cart.sst [1087]: Template Error: Mis-matched IF - END_IF tags
Modern-Cart.sst [1087]: Template Error: Missing END_DEFINE tag

I did not change anything in the template other than colors????

MY store URL: http://www.-.com/shop/index.html
Any idea how I can fix this problem??

Many, many thanks!
degcolosimo

Re: HELP... Error code in Modern-CART

Postby Jim » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:53 pm

How did you change the colors? Did you edit the template file itself and make the changes there? Or did you change the colors on the backoffice config screen?

If you restore the original template does it still give the same error?
Jim
Site Admin

Postby degcolosimo » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:20 pm

Hi Jim --

I changed the colors in the back office under page layout and under store preferences (layout settings).
I don't know change them in the template.

I just re-loaded the standard theme: Modern - colors (orange) and the same error occurs.

Modern-Cart.sst [1087]: Template Error: Mis-matched IF - END_IF tags
Modern-Cart.sst [1087]: Template Error: Missing END_DEFINE tag

Got any idea how to fix???

Thank you! :)
degcolosimo

Postby Jim » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:44 pm

I just looked in the ShopSite knowledge base and found the note about the patch fixes for ShopSite 10 sp1 which your store is using. See: http://support.shopsite.com/KBase/questions/2522

* fixes an issue with the Modern theme's shopping cart template that could cause the text '[- END_IF --]' to appear on the Confirmation screen (if enabled) or, in some cases, prevent an order from completing (if Confirmation screen enabled)

So the easiest solution is to disable the Confirmation screen (Commerce Setup > Order System > Confirmation > then uncheck the box at the top "Create a confirmation screen"

Then see if you can complete a test order. That should get you back up and running. I would recommend that you then ask your host to upgrade your store to the latest version which is ShopSite 10 sp2 r2 which will fix that particular template issue and and a number of enhancements.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby degcolosimo » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:57 pm

Thank you ... thank you... thank you Jim!!!!

That did the trick! :) So, the confirmation page is just to check an order before placing it... correct?

We were trying to upgrade to the latest version of shop-site, and our host was working on making the upgrade available ... or we could upload the upgrade manually.

Thank you again for your help! :)
degcolosimo

Return to Custom Template Questions