Search Box NOT displaying

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Search Box NOT displaying

Postby justurns » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:28 pm

Went through the video tutorial on the Search Form Template and created a Search Template and made all the changes the tutorial said to change. Also, went to each page and checked the box to have the Search box on those different pages. Can not see the Search Box on any of the pages I expected to see it on. Right now I have it set for all of my pages to have the Search Box. The site is www.justurns.com.

Thanks
justurns

Re: Search Box NOT displaying

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:39 pm

When I go to your website, I do see the search field at the top of the page. Make sure you have the following options checked:
- Pages > Edit Page Content > check checkbox for the Product Search Field.
- Pages > Edit Page Content > check checkbox for Indexing products.
- Utilities > Publish > check checkbox to index products during publish (if this is not checked, after you check it click on "regenerate.")
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Postby justurns » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:43 pm

Thanks Lauren

I forgot that we added the Search Box on top by ourselves and not even using a Search template. That was not done by following the tutorial.

I was curious if there was something that we missed in the tutorial becuase we had done what you had mention which was part of the video tutorial and got no Search Box. We followed the Video tutorial and the cookbook.

Thanks

Mark Knutson
justurns

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:11 pm

What video tutorial are you referring to? If you are talking about the Quick & Easy Search Template tutorial and video, then that only shows how to setup the search results page. It does not include the page template portion of adding the search field to the page template, only customizing the search template.
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Postby justurns » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:59 am

That is my mistake. I thought everything you had to do was in the video tutorial for the Search Results template. In the video they show the Search Box and expected that to happen after completing the video tutorial.

Thanks

Mark Knutson
justurns

Return to Custom Template Questions